Federal regulation limits the number of times a student may repeat a course and have it considered for financial aid eligibility.
- A student may repeat a previously passed course one additional time.
- Once a student repeats a course he/she has previously passed, he/she is not eligible to receive aid for that same course in future semesters.
- If a student repeats a course that is not aid eligible, financial aid award(s) will be adjusted and the student will be responsible for any balance due for the ineligible course.
- This rule applies whether or not the student received aid for earlier enrollments in the course.
- Grand Rapids Community College considers grades of A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D and D- passing.
- Learn more information and refer to examples.
- Remember: The Financial Aid office will send important, time-sensitive information to you via your GRCC student email account. It is important that you check your student email on a regular basis to make sure you receive all information in a timely manner.